UTM stands for “Urchin Traffic Monitor”. a web analytics software that served as the base for Google Analytics.
A UTM code looks something like this:
The part starting after ‘?’ is the UTM code. As you might have guessed, this particular code tracks who sent the traffic to the page
In PWA you need to add UTM Tracking manually for this follow below steps.
- UTM Tracking helps you add UTM campaign tracking parameters to the Start Page so that you can differentiate the visitors coming from your website and your PWA app.
- You will find this option in the WordPress Dashboard ->PWA -> Settings -> Features -> Enable “UTM Tracking” option. Click on the “gear” icon like below the screenshot.
- Once you click on the gear icon you can access the Settings page fill the required information like below the screenshot.
- Only the UTM Source is mandatory. The rest of the fields are optional and you can see them as it suits your tracking needs.
- A URL with all your UTM parameters will automatically be generated.
- When any user installs the app on their device. the app will be installed with this URL.
- When they launch app UTM will start work.
That’s it for this tutorial!
We hope it helped you. If you have any feedback or questions Just contact us here and we are always available for you.